It’s been a while and I mentioned previously I am not doing anywhere close to what I had hoped to achieve, going full WordPress and all. Well, I can at least get one post a month in and feel good right?
- I really would like to know what I said or did that basically cost me two friendships. I mean I think I know but if that is the reason, then I guess maybe it is best we are not friends. Whatever, no bad blood, no hard feelings, just hope things are doing well and the bridge is there and the door is open.
- A while back I posted about a trip to Colorado, Chicago, Seattle, or Kansas City for our upcoming tenth anniversary. All of that is probably going to turn into a babysitter and a nice dinner in Des Moines because I am a cheap and stingy hack job.
- Along with those lines, it is very possible I will forgo the Bengals game in Chicago. Apparently Chicago is the third most expensive stadium to see an NFL game. Who knew? It’s not like they have a team or anything (oh too soon?). Actually it has something to do with Soldier field having the lowest capacity of all NFL stadiums and the economy in Chicago that sets the price where it is. At least I won’t need to worry about being shot because guns are illegal there right? (that one was to soon).
- I tried to do some yard work today, it was a lost cause. I did re fix the van’s window, not because I felt like it but because I had to as the window popped out of the slots and feel into the door. Thankfully it did not shatter.
- I’ll touch on the Bengals draft in a separate post.
- I was lucky and saw Dave Ramsey in Des Moines this past week. I think I will make that a separate post as well (hopefully soon before I forget).
- My cousin Rachel started a blog, I will plug it on this site even though no one reads this. Here is the link: http://raybaby25.blogspot.com/
- I wasn’t there but my protege DJ’d prom at my alma mater and his current school. From what I gathered it went well despite some equipment problems that he resolved with a little bit of phone help (me 🙂 ). I really wanted to make a quick appearance for old time sake, however I was Daddy Day Caring and it just wasn’t possible.
- Even though I did make a quick stop to see my other former partner DJ’s Max and Zax the previous week, I really had not plans to do that initially. Just luck of the draw.